1. If you look cute when you leave the house, great. If you look just as cute when you get home, you’re doing it wrong.
2. Sweat is fat crying. Sweat hard, sweat often.
3. Listen to your body. Not that little voice in your head that tells you to slow down, or go home. Listen to your breath, FEEL your heartbeat. Fancy heart rate monitors are great, they’re also expensive and unnecessary.
4. In your playlist, no song is stupid if it keeps you moving.
5. It’s okay to walk.
6. Learn to block out distractions.
8. Don’t ever smell any of your clothing after a run. Trust me.
9. Don’t carry water or Gatorade if you’re not going to drink it.
10. Not everyone appreciates my rendition of “Sexy and I Know it,” especially at 5am.
11. Everything bounces and wiggles. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. Get used to it.
12. Long sleeves make great tissues.
13. Protein. Protein. Protein.
14. Good form is better than being fast.
15. If you’re seeking perfection, you’ve picked the wrong sport. There will always be someone stronger and faster. Compete against yourself, not those around you.