I found this on someone else’s website, completely by random, and related to each of the 27 points. In fact, several of them were the partial inspiration for my writing this blog. I’ve re-written some of them, omitted the ones that didn’t apply to me, and added one or two of my own.
I hope that each of you reading this will take some of these simple life lessons along with you as you go along on your life’s journey.
1. The first pancake always turns out badly.
2. You don’t have to get along with everyone, or make everyone like you.
3. Love makes you stupid.
4. You always have at least 2 choices, even if you don’t like your choices.
5. Sometimes even women need to learn to MTFU.
6. Most people operate out of selfish motivations.
7. It’s rarely about you.
8. Soda is evil.
9. It’s okay to break the rules, as long as you are good enough not to get caught, and you aren’t hurting anyone.
10. “Be kinder than necessary ’cause everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”
11. There’s three sides to every story- yours, mine, and the truth.
12. Time doesn’t heal anything– it’s what you do with that time.
13. Complaining and blaming other people doesn’t help anything, and makes you miserable company.
14. Everything in your life is your responsibility.
15. You train people how to treat you.
16. There’s always hope.
17. You can always be grateful for something.
18. If you aren’t making mistakes, you aren’t trying hard enough.
19. You never really become an adult. You just get more responsibility, and become wiser.
20. Showing emotion is not a sign of weakness. Knowing when it is appropriate is a skill.
21. Google can answer everything!
22. Being silly is one of my favorite qualities in a person.
23. Honesty is always the easiest route. Even if it’s not in the short term.
24. You should never stop learning, or trying to be a better person.
25. Worrying is useless, unless it motivates you to take action.
26. When people show you who they are, believe them, and believe IN them.
27. Love as though it’s the most important thing in life, because love IS the most important thing.
28. Chocolate is an adequate substitution for nearly everything.
29. Listen to your parents, even if it irritates you to no end. They are almost always right, and they will never say “I told you so”
30. IN LIFE, THERE IS ONLY FEAR AND LOVE. ONE OF THEM IS WAY MORE FUN.
What are some things you have learned?
Peace and Love,